We are looking to hire a full-time “Payroll Manager” based out of our Yangon office.
Position: Payroll Manager
Report To: HR & Admin Director
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Oversees and directs payroll procedures
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Collaborates with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams
- Resolves issues and answers payroll-related questions
- Is responsible for delivering the operational objectives and processes of the HR functions under the direction of the HR & Admin Director, aligned with business directions and priorities.
- Other ad-hoc duties assigned by HR & Admin Director or management.
- Extensive knowledge of full set of payroll procedures & functions with relevant Myanmar labor and employment laws, SSB and income tax procedures etc.
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical mind and good math skills, problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and payroll software.
- High level of communication skills (written and oral) in Myanmar and English.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting/admin/HR.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience managing payroll.
- High integrity and reliability in handling confidential information.
- Self-motivated individual who is independent and proactive with a good attitude and mindset.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to function in a multi-cultural environment.
- Office Location: The Campus, Pun Hlaing Estate, Hlaing Thar Yar Township
- Mon-Fri (8.30am to 5.00pm)
- Ferry Transport and Ph bill provided
Women candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Payroll Manager”.